First Baptist Church
Tuesday, March 03, 2015
Come Home to First Baptist
Senior Adults at First Baptist value fellowship with one another. If you are 50 or older, retired or semi-retired, you are a welcomed part of our Senior Adult Ministry. At First Baptist Church, we love our seniors and work to meet their needs. The Senior Adult Committee of the church gives guidance to the ministry.
SENIOR ADULTS SERVE:
· Many volunteer to work in FBC's Food Closet, which is open Mondays and Thursdays from 9:30 a.m. until 11:30.
· A number of seniors participate in the Meals on Wheels program of Columbus, delivering meals to those who are unable to prepare food for themselves.
SENIOR ADULTS FELLOWSHIP:
· Young in Heart meets on the second Thursday of each month from 12 noon to 1:30 p.m.
A meal is served for $7 and the program is varied from music to informative speakers to entertainment. Officers lead the program, reporting on activities and mission projects.
· Plus Fifty is a monthly (last Thursday) supper fellowship to restaurants in neighboring towns. The suppers encourage those over 50 who are still employed to be involved in this monthly fellowship, as we leave the church at 5:30pm-after the workday ends. This is a great way to meet and bring new folks.
SENIOR ADULTS TRAVEL:
· Young in Heart has a long and varied travel history, having visited every state in the union. From day trips to extended tours, current Young in Heart members have opportunities to engage in everything from strawberry picking to shopping to experiencing art and history in new and exciting venues. Mrs. Ruth Kiralfy is the trip coordinator.
· Recent samplings of Young in Heart destinations include
o Branson, Missouri
o Gatlinburg, Tennessee
o Mobile, Alabama
o Asheville, North Carolina
o Atlanta, Georgia